Avancez Scholarships of the university founder William Chalmers 2022. Chalmers will award a number of scholarships available to all citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are liable to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education. The exact number of scholarships is determined on a yearly basis.
The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university’s stature (including a position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master’s programmes.
Fields of Study
The field/s of study to which the scholarships will be awarded is determined annually by the University President.
For the academic year 2021/22, the field of study is unrestricted, but it will be distributed according to targeted areas of education determined by the university management, based on the total number of applicants per area of education from the previous academic year.
The Avancez Scholarships of the university founder William Chalmers 2022 is Available to
- 1st year Master’s programme applicants
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university studies
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters/2 year programme)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fees during the second and final year of studies
- No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates
Deadline: Check Keydates for the current application period
Application and admission
Application for Master’s studies
In this section, you will find information about application and admission procedures and application requirements for our Master’s programmes. In general, all students who aspire to study at Swedish universities, including Chalmers, must apply via the national admission service’s website. Before you proceed with your application please read the information specific to Chalmers and start by reading the page
How to apply for Master’s programmes
Application for Exchange studies
As a prospective exchange student, you will not be enrolled in a Master’s programme. There are specific application rules when applying as an exchange student via one of our exchange programmes. There must be a formal agreement between your home university and Chalmers. Find more information about this on
How to apply for the Avancez Scholarships of the university founder William Chalmers 2022
- Apply for a Master’s programmeScholarship applications will be processed when the corresponding online application for Master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se has been completed, including having submitted all the required documentation verifying your eligibility and having paid the application fee. Only applicants fulfilling the eligibility requirements for the Master’s programmes applied for will finally be considered for a scholarship. How to apply for a Master’s programme
- Rank your programmesThe ranking of the Master’s programmes that you applied for is crucial for the assessment of your scholarship application. To maximize your chances of being offered a scholarship from Chalmers you should select a Chalmers programme as your number one priority (you may add a total of 4, and your nr1 must be a Chalmers alternative). Ranking of Master’s programmes
- Read the scholarship requirementsRead the requirements for each of the scholarships thoroughly before submitting your application.Requirements for the scholarships
We encourage you to apply for scholarships as soon as possible since this will greatly expedite the assessment process. However, there is no correlation between how early you submit the application and the likelihood of receiving a scholarship.
Note, prior to your scholarship application you must first make an online application to at least one of the Master’s programmes offered by Chalmers, at the website universityadmissions.se (see section 1-3 above). You will be assigned an 8 digit application number (at universityadmissions.se) and this number is required in order to complete the scholarship application.
Additional data is required by Chalmers when applying for the Sivert Larsson Scholarship. The scholarship is open to Thai citizens only.
Sievert Larsson Scholarship (available to Thai citizens only).
The scholarship application form – the scholarship application is now open
Follow the link below and the instructions provided.
- Make sure to have your 8 digit application number at hand (from your account/application at universityadmissions.se).
- Make sure to use the same e-mail address as the one you registered at your account at universityadmissions.se.
- Please note that the electronic application form is used only for the scholarships awarded by Chalmers. You may apply for multiple scholarships provided that the eligibility requirements are fulfilled.
All submitted data must be verifiable against the documents submitted as part of your Master’s programme application at universityadmissions.se
- The verification code will be sent to your e-mail within a few minutes. If not, check your junk e-mail.
- Until deadline you may, if necessary, make changes to your scholarship application. After the deadline the scholarship portal is closed.
Scholarship application portal
Check Key dates
RestrictionTake note, your scholarship application will not be considered if you do not pay the application fee or do not upload all required documents on your account at universityadmissions.se by the deadline.
Notification and mandatory confirmation of awarded scholarships
The scholarship awardees will receive the offer between March and the beginning of May.
Chalmers admissions (scholarship committee) cannot give any preliminary notifications regardless of whether a scholarship application will be offered a scholarship or not. However, all applicants will receive an answer from the assessment team.
If you receive an offer, you have to confirm that you accept the scholarship offered by the deadline specified in the notification.
[tds_warning]Learn more about this scholarship here[/tds_warning]