What does Education [ ej-oo–key-shuhn ] mean? W use this word all the time but what will you say if someone asked you to define it? The word Education is a noun (a word that functions as the name of a specific object or set of objects, such as living creatures, places, actions, qualities, states of existence, or ideas. However, a noun is not a semantic category, so it cannot be characterized in terms of its meaning).
Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, morals, beliefs, habits, and personal development. Educational methods include teaching, training, storytelling, discussion and directed research.
In our world, people might have different views about education. While some see it as a life-changing experience, others see it as classroom training.
Teachers and students might also have different perspectives on education, and so do parents. These perspectives are condensed into three primary types of education you will find here.
Education definitions from dictionary.com
- the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life.
- the act or process of imparting or acquiring particular knowledge or skills, as for a profession.
- a degree, level, or kind of schooling:a university education.
- the result produced by instruction, training, or study:to show one’s education.
- the science or art of teaching; pedagogics.