Preparing for the forthcoming UACE examination? Then you can download the Uganda UNEB UACE History past papers 2019 pdf from this page and study the questions to get an idea of how the exam is usually set.
UACE Paper 1 History – Africa: National Movements and the New States and Paper 2 – Economic and Social History of East Africa – Past questions.
Paper 3 European History, paper 4 (World Affairs), Paper 5 – Theory of Government and Constitutional Development and Paper 6 – History of Africa.
About the UACE
In Uganda, students receive the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) when they finish the 2-year upper secondary school which is also called the HSC. It is comparable to GCE A-Level in the UK.
UACE is also known colloquially as “A-Level”. The examinations for the UACE are administered by the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB).
The Uganda National Examinations Board was established by an Act of Parliament in 1983, Cap 137 Laws of Uganda; legalizing all actions taken with effect from 1st July 1980 when it effectively started operating. The Board is a body corporate mandated to conduct and manage examinations in Uganda for the end of the educational cycle at Primary and Secondary school level: and to conduct examination-related research.
Download Our IB past papers App for Android
Les anciens sujet récommendés pour vous:
STATUTORY FUNCTIONS OF UNEB
The functions of UNEB are to:
- conduct primary, secondary, and such other examinations within Uganda as it may consider desirable in the public interest;
- publish past examination papers;
- award certificates to successful candidates in such examinations;
- invite anybody or bodies outside Uganda, as it may think fit, and to jointly conduct academic and other examinations;
- award acceptable certificates to successful candidates jointly with the invited bodies;
- invite other bodies, as it may think fit, to conduct examinations and award acceptable certificates or diplomas;
- advise anybody or bodies so invited under paragraph (f) upon the adoption of examinations necessary for the requirements of Uganda and to assist any such body or bodies to conduct such examinations;
- make arrangements for the conduct of research and development of examination systems;
- make rules regulating the conduct of examinations and for all purposes incidental thereto.
SERVICES OFFERED BY THE UNEB
- Registration of Candidates
- Assessment of Candidates
- Award of Certificates
- Equating of Foreign Results
- Research and Publications
- Validation of Exam Centres
- Verification of Results
Benefits of Studying Past Exam Papers
There are many benefits associated with using past exam papers including the following:
- Helps understand likely exam time length;
- Indicates typical number of questions;
- Identifies number of choices provided;
- Helps work out time required for each question;
- Identifies style of exam questions (short-answer, multiple choice or essays);
- Helps practice exam techniques;
- Helps identify key subject areas to focus on in revision.
One of the most significant benefits of practising past papers is that it helps students to understand the most likely topics to be included in the exam. As most courses have a broad range of associated topics, looking over past papers will help save a lot of potential time-wasting on subjects that are not likely to be on the paper thus making one’s revision much more efficient and productive.