North West Regional Mock – GCE A-Level History paper 2 2021. History paper 2 GCE A level mock 2021.
TIME ALLOWED: 3 Hours Subject code: 0760 Examination: GCE Nature: MOCK Level: A Level Session: 2021 Region: NW
Instructions to candidates
- Candidates are required to answer FOUR questions, choosing at least ONE from each of the sections.
- All questions carry equal marks
- You are reminded of the necessity for good English and an orderly presentation of your answers.
- Mobile phones are Not ALLOWED in the examination room.
GCE NW Mock A-Level History paper 2 2021
SECTION A: AFRICA, 1800 – 1945
1. Examine the challenges faced in the abolition of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade in West Africa during the 19th Century. (25 Marks)
2. Assess the view that economic interest was the prime motive for European imperialism in the African continent. (25 Marks)
3. Account for the inability of Samouri Toure to maintain the integrity of his Mandinka Empire by the late 1890s. (25 Marks)
SECTION B: AFRICA, 1945 TO THE PRESENT
4. How far did the ills of colonialism inspire the rise of African Nationalism? (25 Marks)
5. Examine the factors which delayed and outline the stages in the decolonisation process in French West African Colonies. (25 marks)
6. To What extent were economic considerations responsible for the survival of Apartheid in South Africa from 1948 – 1990? (25 Marks)
SECTION C: WORLD REVOLUTION AND DIPLOMACY 1700 – 1919
7. James Il’s Romanisation Policy was responsible for the English Revolution of 1688. How valid is this assertion? (25 Marks)
8. How far was the isolation of France the bedrock of Bismarck’s foreign policy between 1871 – 1890? (25 Marks)
9. How justified was German criticism of the Versailles Treaty of 1919? (25 Marks)
SECTION D: WORLD, 1919 TO THE PRESENT DAY
10. Analyse the efforts towards Collective Security in the 1920s and account for its demise in the 1930s. (25 Marks)
11. Which posed a greater threat to international peace, the Berlin Blocktrade of 1948 or the Cuban Missle Crisis of 1962? (25 Marks)
12. Discuss the fluctuations in Sino-American relations between 1949 and 1990. (25 Marks)